Do you need our help?
If you are struggling to make ends meet because of COVID-19, have been furloughed or have lost your job, we can help. We can provide 3 days of emergency food for you and your family.
How to get help – you will need to obtain a foodbank voucher before attending a foodbank session. We use referral agencies to issue our vouchers. It is usually easiest to approach a referral agency that you already have contact with but if you have not used us before, here are a few that are easy to reach.
Some of our main referrers are:
The Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council Customer Services (you will need to make an appointment by phoning Customer Services on 01455 238141 before going to the offices) – https://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/contact/
The DWP/Job Centre Plus (appointments only) – ask your contact person about foodbank
Local Area Coordinators (Barwell, Newbold and Hinckley) – phone: 07943 026977
- Social services
- Childrens’ and Family Wellbeing Services (formally SureStart centres) – phone: 0116 305 5601, email: H&[email protected]
- Some primary schools across the borough
We have foodbank centres open Monday to Friday:
- St John’s Church, Hinckley – Monday 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm
- Salvation Army, Hinckley – Tuesday 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm
- Pathways, Hinckley – Wednesday 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
- The Congregationalist Church, Burbage – Wednesday 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm
- The ‘Stute’, Earl Shilton – Thursday 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm
- Hope Community Church, Hinckley- Friday 1.30 pm to 3.30 pm
If you are self isolating, someone else may collect a food parcel on your behalf.
For more information go to https://hinckleyarea.foodbank.org.uk/